Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Okay, so the drama.

The other day, I'm minding my own business, and I hear/see a lady screaming in the front of the restaurant.
The story goes: she and her dining partner were blocked in by our delivery truck. The dining partner (coworker, husband?) ask the driver to move, and he does. He waits for 5-10 minutes and they don't return to move the car. So Driver moves back, he has to finish his delivery and go on to his others. 
The lady comes out and immediately tears into Driver. "All I did was go to the bathroom, WTF you  effing this and that," etc. So Driver tells her, "okay. You asked me to move, I did. Then you disappeared. I would have moved a second time, but you caught an attitude, so nah I'm gonna finish my job."

Lady comes back in to the restaurant, our assistant manager says he'll talk to Driver, who tells him the same story and, "I'm going to finish unloading, if you want me to move, call my boss." Since technically, we are not the boss of Driver, we only employ the delivery company.

So. While AM is doing that, our GM comes out to talk to her and she again immediately says, "this is fucking absurd, I have to get back to work, etc etc," just losing her mind. GM is trying to tell her they're working on a resolution and please stop yelling and cursing. She walks out and calls the police and the Department of Transportation, who both tell her she's insane and wasting their time. 

Finally, truck gets moved. But she's not done. She comes back in to tell my GM he's a POS who sucks at his job (and believe me, that's the cleaned up version). 

He follows her out and tells her: "Real fucking mature. I was trying to have a conversation with you and tell you we were fixing it - you screamed and cursed and walked out. Go fuck yourself, I hope you're late enough to lose your job."

0 comments:

Post a Comment