Saturday, July 9, 2016

"So.. what's your REAL job?"

I think I've posted about this before. People seem to think of servers as servants, obviously, and there must be something else for us.

A few weeks ago, a customer had stopped me to give me his rewards card and I ran it. He had hidden his credit card to pay behind the check slip and I simply didn't see it. He asked me for his card back and I said I didn't receive one. So, already knowing where it was, he pulled it out and said, "are you going to college or something? Probably Biology."
Whatever that means, I laughed it off and said, "hey, close, it's Anthropology." He responded, "I could have guessed." Again, whatever that means. Dude probably didn't even know what Anthro is.

So for the 4th I'm with my mom and some friends who ask about the new job. One of them is pretty concerned if I graduated and what I'm doing now.
My mom snaps back, "Exactly what she's doing."

1 comment:

  1. Good for Momma. People need to understand that serving can be a career too. I feel like servers make more money than a lot of 'professional office' jobs. I have nothing but respect for the people who have made serving their careers. I can hardly handle the stress and the level of multi-tasking. These people are smart, hard workers!

    ReplyDelete