Sunday, October 23, 2011

Blondie will not be bullied.

I had a table tonight of three ladies. They requested me, which made me want to crawl in a hole and die because they are obnoxious and tip like shit.

One lady must have really enjoyed hearing herself talk and not so much my responses, because she continually repeated herself. She must have asked me three times if the ribs were tender, and I responded at least three times that I personally have not had them, but have never had a complaint and they were one of our most popular menu items.
Then she asked me more stupid questions.
"How often do they change the oil they fry in? Do they use the powder to clean it? That stuff will make you sick!"
Well, lady, I don't have chef's pants on, but if you got sick and died I wouldn't cry at your funeral.
She told me three times it was her birthday. The other two ladies reiterated the fact. I continued not caring.

Now, a lot of our menu items come with dessert, a small dish of ice cream or pudding. She asked if we had birthday cake. I said no.
She told me four different times, in four different ways, that EVERY OTHER place has birthday cake.
Eventually I told her, "You should have gone somewhere else then, because we don't."

4 comments:

  1. Did you really tell her that? Cool

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. That reminds me of the time I was helping a new hostess start a wait at my old place. This one bitch threw a complete fit because we told her the current wait time was 10 minutes. She was being a complete child, saying things like---'is this hard for you? is it so difficult to seat me? i can always go to another (my restaurant chain) (like that would help you avoid a wait at 7 on a Friday, bitch).

    Clearly, she was hoping I would just seat her to get her out of my face...especially since I work for the kind of place that will fire you if a customer tells a manager you looked at them funny. No such luck. I looked her straight in the eye and told her 'I can't seat you until I seat these other parties first. They arrived ahead of you and have been gracious and patient. I can't seat them until there are tables available. Tables won't be available until people pay out and leave. And that takes time. So, no, ma'am, this is not 'hard' for me. It is simply not possible for me to seat you in less than 10 minutes. If you don't want to wait 10 minutes, then I recommend that you leave.'

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol! I liked that one and I like anonymous's story too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How bad does management get on you when you suggest a customer go elsewhere? Personally, I think you guys don't do that enough - I would have a really hard time dealing with so many negative people. And being one of those people standing there waiting my turn for a table, I would love it if the hostess would talk to obnoxious people that way.

    ReplyDelete